Patient.com provides personal health application services for patients that you, as the patient control. These services include the collection and organization of certain medical and health records from you and others on your behalf for the purpose of allowing you to access, control and organize your health information. We share with others as you direct such as to new health care providers and health plans, or to participate in clinical trials.
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 21, 2022
By visiting the Site, using or downloading the Application, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service. The Company Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
For more information about our privacy practices, you may contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. To create an account you must provide your name, date of birth, email and an image of your drivers license or health insurance card. A phone number is required to create an account on the Mobile Application. We also may collect additional information from you, including health information or records that you provide directly to us through use of the Services. If you make a purchase, we may collect your payment information, such as your credit or debit card information and your billing and shipping address.
Information We Collect From Other Entities.
Depending on the Services you request and pursuant to your consent, we may collect personal information, including health information and records about you from third-party sources, including but not limited to health care providers, insurers, credit reporting agencies and other third-party data providers. We may collect information about you from public records.
We store the information that we receive from third-party data sources with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. We are not responsible for the accuracy of information provided to us by third parties.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site and Mobile Application through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- [domain name;]
- [your browser type and operating system;]
- Google Chrome – the latest version available (current is Version 105)
- Safari – the latest version available (current is Version 16.0)
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site;
- [your IP address;]
- We use a load-balancer for our website. Load balancer DNS name: a1ab0f0027d17467a8a87d0c9e1dcd04-64a20be5468ecae0.elb.us-east-1.amazonaws.com.
- [the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services;]
- No limitation
- [the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.]
- Not applicable
- [mobile device ID; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version;]
- Android 5.1 – the latest available (android 12)
- iOS 14.3 – the latest available (iOS 16.0.2)
- language information;
- activities within the App [and the length of time that you are logged into our App;]
- Patient.com helps you more easily compile, access, and engage with your health data and medical providers via a user-friendly mobile application. The app provides meaningful and convenient access to the information you need, when and where you need it, helping all people become better healthcare consumers. A single app that helps you manage your health records, doctor’s appointments, medications, allergies, insurance information, medical bills, and more.
- [location information. With your permission, we will collect location information from your mobile device to [insert purpose]. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device.]
- We don’t collect the location information of the users
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you and to fulfill your purchases or requests.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes, including marketing communications.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To assist us in advertising on third-party websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third-party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site and App are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information.
- For internal research and analytics purposes to improve the quality of our Services.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- For other purposes that you approve.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information with service providers and agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include SSI Group.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, to protect our rights and the rights of users and as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, medical research or similar purposes.
Information for California Consumers
In this section, we provide additional information to California residents about how we handle their personal information, as required under California privacy laws including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). This section does not address or apply to our handling of publicly available information lawfully made available by state or federal government records or other personal information that is exempt under the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information Under the CCPA
While our collection, use and disclosure of personal information varies based upon our relationship and interactions with you, in this section we describe, generally, how we have collected and disclosed personal information about consumers in the prior 12 months (from the Last Updated data above).
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed. The table below identifies the categories of personal information (as defined by the CCPA) we have collected about consumers, as well as how we have disclosed such information for a business purpose. For more information about the business and commercial purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information, please see the Use of Information and the Disclosures of Information sections below.
|Personal Information Collected||Do We Disclose this Information?||Categories of Third Parties to Whom We May Disclose this Information|
|Identifiers||Includes direct identifiers, such as name, alias user ID, username, account number or unique personal identifier; email address, phone number, address and other contact information; IP address and other online identifiers; driver’s license number, passport number; and financial or payment information, that individuals provide us in order to purchase or obtain our products and services.||NO|
|Commercial Information||Includes public records. For example, this may include information that we receive from third parties in order to verify the identity of an individual.||NO|
|Usage Data||Includes browsing history, clickstream data, access logs and other usage data and information regarding an individual’s interaction with our websites, mobile apps and other Services, and our marketing emails and online ads.||NO|
|Geolocation Data||Includes precise location information about a particular individual or device.||NO|
|Audio, Video and Electronic Data||Includes audio, electronic, visual, or similar information such as, photographs and images (e.g., that you provide us or are included as part of your records.||NO|
|Professional information||Includes professional and employment-related information to the extent such information is part of your records.||NO|
|Protected Classifications||Includes characteristics of protected classifications under applicable/federal and state/federal and California laws, such as disability information and medical conditions.||NO|
Sources of Personal Information. As further described in the Collection of Personal Information section above, we may collect personal information from the following sources:
- directly from the individual
- third parties, including health care providers, clearinghouses and insurers, as authorized by the individual
- data analytics providers
- social networks
- internet service providers
- operating systems and platforms
- government entities
- business customers
California Residents’ Rights
CCPA Rights. In general, California residents have the following rights with respect to their personal information:
- Do-not-sell (opt-out): We do not sell personal information about California consumers, including those we have actual knowledge are younger than 16 years of age.
- Right of Deletion:to request deletion of their personal information that we have collected about them and to have such personal information deleted (without charge), subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Know: with respect to the personal information we have collected about them in the prior 12 months, to require that we disclose the following to them (up to twice per year and subject to certain exemptions):
- Categories of personal information collected;
- Categories of sources of personal information;
- Categories of personal information about them we have disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- Categories of third parties to whom we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose their personal information;
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling their personal information; and
- A copy of the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them.
Right to Non-discrimination: the right not to be subject to discriminatory treatment for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
Cross-Device Use. We and our third-party service providers do not use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from our Site, from our mobile applications, through your device(s), or from a third-party) to help us and our third-party service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.).
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third-Party Ad Network section.
Third-Party Ad Networks
We do not use third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on our Site, App, and on third-party websites or other media (e.g., social networking platforms).
Our Site and Services do not contain links to third-party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or Application for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We do not send promotional emails to you.
Children Under 18
Our Services are not designed for children under 18. They cannot register into our application.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time and apply those changes to information we previously collected as well as personal information that we collect in the future, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and Application. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and Application.