EFFECTIVE DATE: 04/10/2023
By visiting the Site, using or downloading the App, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site, App and Services is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service. Our Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
For more information about our privacy practices, you may contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
We collect personal information about you from you, your devices, from third parties, and through your use of our Site, App and Services.
Personal Information We Collect From You. The personal information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site, App and Services. To create an account, you must provide your name, gender, date of birth, email, address, phone and an image of your drivers’ license or health insurance card. We also may collect additional information from you, including demographic information such as ethnicity, race and sexual orientation, and health information or records that you provide directly to us through use of the Services. If you make a purchase, we may collect your billing and shipping address and work with our third party processor to collect your payment information, such as your credit or debit card information. You are responsible for the accuracy of any information you provide to us.
Personal Information We Collect From Other Entities. Depending on the Services you request and pursuant to your consent, we may collect personal information, including health information and records about you from third-party sources, including but not limited to health care providers, insurers, credit reporting agencies, Qualified Health Information Networks, Health Information Exchanges and other third-party data providers. We may collect information about you from public records and other sources.
We may combine the information that we receive from third-party data sources with other information that we collect. We are not responsible for the accuracy of information provided to us by third parties.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect personal information about your use of our Site, App and Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. We also collect your browser type and operating system; pages you view; links you click, your IP address, referring sites; unique IDs; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; language information; activities and the length of time that you are logged in; and general and precise location information. For example, with your permission, we will collect location information through the App to provide you with local information, such as local providers and services. You may adjust this feature through the location settings on your mobile device. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
We use your personal information for the following purposes, such as:
- To provide our Site, App and Services to you and to fulfill your purchases or requests, such as, appointment information and health related communications; refill reminders; medical billing; drug and medical device safety; opportunities to participate in clinical trials; precision medicine (e.g., personalized information related to your health care and treatment); and scheduling requests.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site, App and Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes, including marketing communications.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To assist us in advertising on third-party websites, mobile apps, and other services, and to measure, analyze, and evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third-party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site, App and Services are less often used by users, and we will use this information to improve our Site, App and Services.
- For internal research and analytics purposes.
- To improve the quality of our Site, App, and Services.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
- For other purposes that you are notified about and that you approve.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- Services Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers such as web hosting providers and healthcare clearinghouses who perform functions on our behalf.
- Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Measurement Companies. We may share your personal information with advertising networks, analytics and measurement companies, and healthcare clearinghouses, who may use your personal information for their own purposes. You may restrict or limit certain of these uses as described in What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information? below.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information as permitted to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, to protect our rights and the rights of users and as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, medical research, our business purposes or any other purposes.
First-party cookies are cookies set by us (or on our behalf), and generally, you cannot opt out of these cookies. Third-party cookies are cookies set by other companies whose functionality is embedded into our Site, App, and Services. Session cookies are temporary cookies stored on your device while you visit our Site. They expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser for a period of time after you leave our properties. Persistent cookies expire on a set expiration date or when they are deleted manually.
Pixels. Pixels (also known as “web beacons,” “GIFs” or “bugs”) are one-pixel transparent images located on web pages or messages. They track whether you have opened these web pages or messages. Upon firing, a pixel logs a visit to the current page or message and may read or set cookies.
Software Development Kits (or SDKs). SDKs are pieces of code provided by our digital vendors (e.g., third-party advertising companies, ad networks and analytics providers) in our mobile apps to collect and analyze certain device and user data.
Third-Party Analytics and Measurement. We and other third parties use analytics and measurement trackers, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site, Apps and Services. We also may use other technical means to evaluate our Site, App and Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Site’s and Apps’ performance and user experiences and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing programs.
We use third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on our Site, App, and on third-party websites or other media (e.g., social networking platforms). Users in the United States may opt out of participating third-party ad networks by going to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN for information about opting out of interest-based advertising.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, App, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
We have implemented measures designed to protect the personal information we collect from loss or misuse. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a unique and robust password for every account that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Communications. We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you operational emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. We maintain telephone “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as required by law.
Cookies and Interest Based Advertising Choices. As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may limit ad tracking of certain mobile ads via their device settings. You may also control interest-based advertising on apps on your mobile device in certain jurisdictions with the AppChoices app. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy at www.aboutads.info/choices/ and youradchoices.ca/choices/.
To be clear, these cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out. You must separately opt out in each browser on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link and that link to this Policy may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
Push Notifications. You can opt out any time by adjusting your device settings, or uninstalling our app.
Text Messages. You can opt out of text alerts any time by replying “STOP,” or any alternative keyword we’ve shared with you.
Do Not Track. Some browsers include a “Do Not Track” (DNT) setting that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Currently, there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal; therefore, our Sites do not respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls and advertising controls described above.
Mobile Device Advertising ID Controls. iOS and Android operating systems provide options to limit tracking and/or reset the advertising IDs.
Email Web Beacons. Most email clients have settings which allow you to prevent the automatic downloading of images, including web beacons, which prevents the automatic connection to the web servers that host those images.
Our Services are not designed for children. If we discover that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and Application.